As little as $25 can make saving for college easier.
To get started with the NC 529 Plan, the minimum contribution is only $25.
Enrolling takes minutes, so get started now.
Make Saving for College Even Easier
Once you’ve opened your NC 529® account, you can choose whether to:
Set it and forget it:
- Scheduling automatic drafts from your financial institution to your NC 529 account.
- Requesting automatic monthly payroll deductions to your account if your employer offers this benefit.
Give whenever it fits your budget by:
- Electronic funds transfer.
- Wire transfer.
- Rollover from another qualified tuition program.
- Transfer from a Coverdell Education Savings Account.
- Transfer from a qualified Savings Bond Series EE or I, issued after 1989.
- Transfer from an UGMA/UTMA custodial account.
With so many ways to contribute to your account, you can use several to help save toward your college savings goal.
In fact, you can even suggest that family and friends contribute to the Account for birthdays and holidays by sharing the account number with them. When you do, the person opening the NC 529 Account (the “participant”) is the account owner and maintains control of how and when assets are used for the beneficiary’s college future.
For complete and current information on the NC 529 Plan, review the Program Description available on the CFNC.org/NC529 site.
Start saving for your student’s future today.