Offering the NC 529® Plan as an employee benefit helps your company and your employees. Employers have no setup fees or administration charges. Employees appreciate your support in making it easier for them to save for college.
Your company simply decides whether to offer employees the chance to contribute to the NC 529 Plan through payroll deduction or suggest employees use automatic draft. You also announce enrollment periods on whatever schedule suits you and also can request NC 529 specialists to present information sessions. Whatever you decide, there’s no charge to the company.
The NC 529 Plan is happy to provide:
- Online enrollment materials, or paper copies if you need them.
- A toll-free call center to answer questions for you and your employees.
- Consultations with your payroll administrator, to seamlessly handle automatic payroll deductions.
- Overview presentations and informational materials about NC 529.
Benefits to employees:
- No enrollment fees or sales charges.
- Low minimum contribution of just $25.
- Multiple ways to contribute.
- Individual and age-based portfolios, various types of investments.
- Quarterly statements, easy online account maintenance.
- Earnings free from N.C. and federal taxes when used for qualified higher education expenses.
To learn more about adding NC 529 to your benefits package, call us toll-free at 800-600-3453 Monday–Thursday from 8 a.m.–8 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
We’ll walk you through the whole process.