The NC 529 Plan’s Preschool Grand Prix is a promotion during which eligible parents of children aged 3-5 years are selected to participate in a halftime event that will be held during college athletic events across North Carolina.
In return for the opportunity to participate in the NC 529 Plan’s Preschool Grand Prix described herein (the “Promotion”), the parties require your agreement to comply with and be bound by the terms and conditions set forth below (the “Official Rules”):
• NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
• Only legal residents of the United States who meet the following eligibility requirements are eligible to participate in this Promotion: (i) 18 years of age or older as of January 11, 2020, (ii) live within the State of North Carolina, and (iii) are the parent or permanent legal guardian of a child aged 3-5 years old.
• Employees and immediate family members (spouses, parents, siblings and children) of employees of the NC State Education Assistance Authority or College Foundation, Inc. are not eligible to enter.
• The Promotion consists of a chance to be randomly selected as one of up to five (5) Participating Families in the NC 529 Plan Preschool Grand Prix Contest described below.
• How to Enter: Entries will be accepted via an entry form.
• Entries must include required information:
o First Name and Last Name of Parent/Guardian entering
o Phone number
o Email address
o Child’s full name and date of birth
o Fun fact about the child
o Consent to use the photo submitted
o Consent to receive communications from Sponsor
• Duplicate entries will be removed. Duplicate entries are considered to be two photos of the same child. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
• An eligible person who timely submits a properly completed Entry in accordance with the procedures herein is considered an “Entrant.” By submitting a properly completed Entry, each Entrant acknowledges that he has read, understands and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. The entering Parent(s)/Guardian(s) and child are collectively referred to as “Entrant,” as applicable.
Promotion Period: Entries for the Promotion accepted from 8:00 a.m. on December 6, 2019 EST until 9:00 a.m. on January 3, 2020 EST (the “Promotion Period”). Entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible. Any Entry received thereafter and/or not properly filled out will not be eligible to participate in the Promotion.
Odds: Odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
Photo Release: By entering your child’s photograph, you consent to and authorize the image’s use on North Carolina’s National College Savings Program social media pages, website, press releases, or other publication.
Selection of Participating Families: Up to five (5) Participating Families will be selected from the eligible entries at random. If for any reason the referenced website is unsuitable or unavailable, a manual, random selection will occur. Participants will be selected on January 3 and contacted via email and telephone. An announcement of the up to five (5) Participating Families will be posted to the NC 529 Plan Facebook page once the Participating Families have been contacted and confirmed.
Preschool Grand Prix Contest:
• Up to five (5) Participating Families selected in the Promotion described above will participate in the NC 529 Plan Preschool Grand Prix Contest, an on-court race entitled the “NC 529 Plan’s Preschool Grand Prix” (or such other designation as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion) during a stoppage of play or halftime during the game indicated below (the “Contest”).
• During the Contest, up to five (5) children of the Participating Families will be placed at center court during halftime. One (1) parent or guardian will be stationed at each end of the designated racing area and encourage the child to race through a series of four (4) activities. The four (4) activities that are included in the event represent the milestones of getting prepared for future educational endeavors. In the event of a tie, the youngest child as determined by birth date shall be declared the winner. The determination of the winner(s) will be made by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
• Contest Date and Location: Saturday, January 11, 2020 during the Clemson vs UNC basketball game at Smith Center, 300 Skipper Bowls Dr, Chapel Hill, NC 27514.
• Each selected Participating Family will receive $25 added to an NC 529 Account in which the Preschool Grand Prix child is named the beneficiary if they do the following:
1. Attend Clemson vs. UNC basketball game at Smith Center on January 11, 2020,
2. Participate in the Preschool Grand Prix,
3. Sign a release and affidavit of eligibility;
4. Provide necessary information to the NC 529 Plan to contribute the money to a new or existing NC 529 account within 30 days of the event.
• Participating Family’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes the grant to North Carolina’s National College Savings Program and its assigns of an unconditional right to use Entrant’s name, address (city and state or province only), voice, likeness, photograph, biographical and Prize information and/or statements about the Promotion for any current or future programming, publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
No Liability of Sponsor; Right to Cancel: In the event that the January 11, 2020 game is moved, postponed or cancelled, it is the responsibility of the winner to contact the Sponsor regarding instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any compensation, monetary or otherwise, in the event that the game is cancelled, or Winner is unable to attend the original event or any moved or rescheduled event. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Promotion or any part of it if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
Sponsor: North Carolina’s National College Savings Program (marketed as the “NC 529 Plan”). The NC 529 Plan is a program of the State of North Carolina, established and maintained by the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority to meet the requirements of a qualified tuition program under federal tax law; the program is administered by College Foundation, Inc. The State of North Carolina, the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority, College Foundation, Inc., its and their agents including 919 Marketing, and Facebook are collectively referred to as “Promotion Parties.” The Promotion is administered by NC 529 Plan, 2197 Highwoods Boulevard, Raleigh, NC 27604.
• BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PROMOTION PARTIES, THEIR PARENT, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, THE FACEBOOK PLATFORM, ADMINISTRATOR, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THAT ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, USE OF HIS OR HER PHOTOGRAPH AND PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE THAT MAY BE WON. THE PROMOTION PARTIES AND THEIR PARENT, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE PRIZE. THE PROMOTION PARTIES AND THEIR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION.
• This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants understand and acknowledge that they are providing their information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.
• Terms and conditions may apply. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winners. All federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize is solely the responsibility of the winner.